Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My First . . .

Since this is my first post I would like to share some of my first experience. The recent my first experience has been on the much talked about Bandra-Worli sealink. We planned for a small get-together at Cafe Ivy at Indage House. It is a nice cafe, very cosy and comfortable. Since it was a dry-day and we are a dry group meeting, there was no rush. Hence we sat down to enjoy sand witches and pasta. Since my dear friend Vipul was driving, we decided to take the sea-link back home.

The first hurdle was the traffic. It was Friday night and only 2 days of free ride remaining, there was choc-a-block traffic. It took us more than 30 mins just to reach the bridge. Once we touched the bridge; all of us knew it will be a long drive not because of the distance but because of the sea of cars. My first positive experience was that of Mumbai's high rise. The recent or rather recent-past growth and prosperity has enabled Mumbai to build some beautiful high rise. The beauty was enhanced by the lights (since it was dark at that time) and the landscape was wonderful.

The next my first experience I can remember is tragic death of princess Diana. I am writing this blog on the same day when Michael Jackson's Memorial Service. MJ's death no doubt has been tragic. But for me princess Diana's death was more shocking and tragic than MJ's death. But this in no way I want to belittle Michal Jackson. He has been an icon, entertainer and a super star. My first memories of MJ was way before the information age. There was no Internet, no cable, nothing international (except for my first wrangler jeans which my dad bought on his foreign visit). Even in that age all of us, childern and adults were aware and fans of Michael Jackson. The very first coffee table book, which I received as a birthday present was that of Michael Jackson. I treasured it till 26/7 floods destroyed. I may not be a fanatic fan but I will always remember him in some corner of my heart just like princess Diana.

May God Bless Their Souls

No comments:

Post a Comment